Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Family Jewels - Marina & The Diamonds


This may be an unjust album review because I have a soft spot for Marina & The Diamonds, but I'll try to be as fair as I can be.
As her first full length album I think she did a great job. Every song is easy to listen to, love and get stuck in your head. With great beats and great uses of her original voice she did an outstanding job. Another thing that stuck out in my mind when I listened to this album were the lyrics. She had lots to say and said it all well with intriguing words and catchy phrases. Everyone could find something to relate to on this album. Always being compared to Kate Bush, Marina doesn't just channel her but she creates a sound and niche for herself. This album is a breath of fresh air amongst more main stream artists. I can see where people might find her slightly overbearing and annoying, singing about being friendless and sucessful. Those aspects may not be realistic, but Marina has created an incredible album.
Download Hollywood.
Four and a Half Lambs out of Five

No comments:

Post a Comment